Uganda is known to have some of the lowest school attendence rates in the world
Could you imagine at the age of 13 having to decide between attending school or staying home to care for your 3 younger siblings?
Today, around 4 out of 10 young children (age 3 to 5) attend early childhood education, 8 out of 10 children (age 6 to 12) attend primary school and then attendance drops to about 1 in 4 attending secondary school. Mant barries keep children from attending school in Uganda, the most apparent being school fees. School is not free in Uganda; therefore, donating to Simone’s Kids gives students access to education. Let’s help give them the opportunity to education and a future!
scroll to see how your donation could specifically send a child to school
HOW YOUR DONATION CAN SEND A CHILD BACK TO SCHOOL
- $25 A month: Helps provide a scholarship for a child at our primary school. This helps support daily education, daily meals, uniforms and school books.
- $50 A month: Helps provide toward a high-school tuition. this helps cover their daily education, meals, room & board, and operational costs.
- $100 a month: Helps provide for daily food on campus. On average it costs about a $1 a day per kids to feed them.
- $300 a month: Helps provide for a college tuition. We have a handful a students graduate each year and go onto university level but cannot attend without the help of our financial support.
- $500 a month: Helps provide for a teacher’s salary. Our goal is to continue investing in the highest qualified of teachers, so our students are receiving the best education.
- $1,000 a month: Helps provide for specialty positions. We are looking to hire a special education teacher, a school counselor, and also higher adminstration.
We are aiming to raise $30,000 in one-time gifts during this campaign. If you are not ready to give monthly or already are a part of our recurring program – you can still give one-time! All one-time donations will go towards operation costs; costs that will ensure our students are getting better served & cared for. With these one time gifts, we will be able to enhance the school with buying new textbooks, classroom manipulatives, improve the medical clinic and continue structural improvements throughout the campus.
would like to put some good student spotlight stories here.