You’ve seen the commercials: a large nonprofit showcases all that can be accomplished with even a small monthly donation. Smaller nonprofits send emails, newsletters, and other materials to encourage recurring donations. Here’s how a well-executed nonprofit recurring donation program helps the organizations behind good causes reach their funding goals—and why you should participate.
- Offers more predictable revenue. Knowing how much funding to expect each month makes budget planning much easier for nonprofits. By donating on time each month, you’re offering loyal support that your favorite nonprofit can count on. Over time, organizations can use the number of current recurring donors to set goals and estimate future donor acquisition rates.
- Improves cash flow. Rather than having to rely on annual or semi-annual fundraisers to keep budgets “in the black,” nonprofits with a strong recurring donation program will have more money to work with during slower periods of the year. Monthly donations can also provide emergency funding as needed, which means donors can really save the day for a worthy organization during tough times.
- Is an efficient, inexpensive way to raise funds. Nonprofits that use the right tech tools can get donations processed and receipts sent automatically, allowing employees to spend their time and energy on other tasks. As a donor, you’ll be relieved to know your donations aren’t causing extra work for the organization.
- Provides greater value over time. The math isn’t difficult: donors who give on a monthly basis ultimately provide nonprofits with more funding than one-time donors do. They also offer charitable organizations a greater return on the time and effort they spend soliciting donations. The less time employees have to spend fundraising, the more time they have to accomplish their goals and do great things in the world.
- Helps to increase donor retention. Statistically, donors who give on a monthly basis are more likely to continue giving year after year. This provides more funding for nonprofits over time, but it also gives them opportunities to engage donors with special events, help them feel part of the organization, and allow them to see the progress that’s being made with their donations. This can be an immensely satisfying experience for donors who want to be more involved with a cause.
Make Recurring Donations That Support Ugandan Children
You can maximize your impact in the world as a donor by supporting Ugandan schools, which provide children with the tools they need to build a more promising future. Simone’s Kids in Nakaseke, Uganda provides education and meets basic needs for children in order to help them break the cycle of poverty.
You can make recurring donations to Simone’s Kids by joining The Village. Th
e Village is a passionate group of donors committed to bettering the lives of children in Uganda by making monthly donations that help to provide better meals, more teachers, more activities, and even post-graduation services.
You can also make a difference by shopping at the Simone’s Kids Store or donating to Simone’s Kids. Your gifts help purchase school supplies, textbooks, food, and other necessities for Ugandan students. Consider doubling your contribution by asking if your employer participates in a donation match. Give today!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!